Here are some of my favorite things:
- Recess Monkey – My band and source of 110 gigs a year. Recess Monkey is the acclaimed Seattle children’s music band! …three teachers who make kid’s music that grows out of their days in their classrooms. They continue to be praised across the country for singable, danceable songs that parents enjoy as much as their kids. Praised by People, Time and NPR for their pitch-perfect understanding of what gets kids excited, Recess Monkey is known for prolific album output, high-energy live shows and laugh-out-loud funny lyrics that capture the essence of being young. Mindy Thomas from SiriusXM’s Kids Place Live says, “These guys are able to tap into elementary school so well that it’s like they never left. In this never-ending nationwide talent show of kid and family music, they are most definitely at the top.” Says Stefan Shepherd of Zooglobble.com, “Recess Monkey just keeps turning out album after album with pop nuggets, as if we’d just discovered that the Beatles had recorded a ton of kids music 40+ years ago.” Cookie Magazine says, “This Seattle trio knows how to get kids excited.” This children’s music band isn’t just for kids!
- Jherek Bischoff – My brother’s site. He’s a producer and bassist and is phenomenally talented!
- Johnny Bregar – Johnny is a great friend, has an awesome studio on Bainbridge Island, and makes amazing music for families. I played with him for a year or two before joining Recess Monkey.
- El Vez – There’s way too much to say about El Vez, the Mexican Elvis. Literally a pop culture icon! I know him through Teatro ZinZanni. Here’s what Wikipedia has to say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Vez.
- Sam Mickens – Sam is the guitarist and singer for The Dead Science, my former band. He’s also a crooner from another world.
- Redshift – My dad’s jazz trio based on Bainbridge Island.
Organizations & Venues